| |
From The Desk Of Marketing Mastery |
TV commercials, radio ads, newspaper classifieds and other traditional forms of marketing caused some messy transitions to the online world. So, naturally most marketers these days try do the same methods. They still use the same old, tired formulas and "callouts" as always. But I swear to you I've rigorously tested all of it on social media ad platforms. And there's no other way to say this except for being straight up. It doesn't translate well. And after years of probing, I finally figured out why. It's the feedback loop social media algorithms use. Meta calls it the "User Experience" It measures the amount of negative feedback every post and ad has. And I saw all of these 'traditional ads' having lots more negative feedback. Which is the real culprit behind ads not working. But because nobody knows this, almost all marketers start their ads with the same played out words and phrases they see from everyone else who says the same "tropes". Like starting their ad with "ATTENTION: AGENCY OWNERS" and other nauseatingly annoying quips. People have been "immunized" to that type of wording because it screams one thing. "I'm an ad" And the main reason it gets ignored is one big factor. Differentiation. Most marketers (and even some agencies) don't know how to draw the difference between them and their competition. And as a result, they fail. They don't know how to convey a marketing message that is: - Not annoying - Looks different and interesting - Differentiates and stands out from competition That's the real root cause. Look no further than your standard real estate tagline: "Contact me for all your real estate needs" Or the ridiculous moniker: "I'm #1 in my market" And then they conveniently forget to tell you by what standard they qualify as "#1". I'm willing to bet the only person who told them they were #1 in their life was their momma. If you're still reading this then that means you can at least appreciate what I'm saying. I did not get into marketing to look, act and talk like everyone else. And 15 years later I've refined a method to always 'differentiate' a marketing message. Especially my own little area known as social media copywriting. And yes, it's different in many ways to what you might know as traditional direct response copywriting. In fact I've been told it's blasphemous. (but in a good way) It works better for getting conversions from paid social ads then anything I've ever come across. And the best part is it's based on 100% honesty too. Not B.S. manipulation tactics paraded by so many so-called experts out there. Where you actually feel good about what you said in your marketing. Instead of feeling like an impostor inside hoping people won't find you out. There's no need for that… EVER. But what there IS a need for is serving your customers and clients. Which means you need to communicate in a way that they actually listen and understand your offer. And although Ai gets close in "emulating" those marketing messages, it inherently is just "copying" what it sees. And it doesn't yet know how to differentiate that well. Sure it's a tool that helps, and accelerates the creation process. And we use it for speed - not for skill. Because every pro copywriter out there right now says the same thing. It's just not as smart as a good copywriter - it doesn't differentiate. But everyone is looking for Ai to replace their copy skill. It will get there eventually - but if you're using Ai to do that right now - I promise you its not as good as a pro. Not even close. It doesn't know how to innovate, anticipate and differentiate. At least not yet. |
Thank you for taking the time to read this insight.
➡️ Click Here For A Free Marketing Consultation |
unsubscribe | 512 Ave G, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 |
No comments:
Post a Comment